- Kansasfest 2021 highlights
- Other interesting reads
This week I read two interesting articles that has a hight level explenation on how V8 works. Here are the links:
Kansasfest 2021 Highlights
- Apple Archives - A lot of archived material with Apple II et. al. resources including the Beagle Bros Archive (https://beagle.applearchives.com)
- Double Hi-Res like you’ve never seen it before - Kris Kennaway - A very thorough talk about double high resolution
- What color was “Apple Beige”? - Not actually from Kansasfest but relevant.
- Maximizing Apple Color Bit by Bit - Lucia Grossberger Morales - Her YouTube talk in Kansasfest 2021
- Lucia Grossberger Morales - Lucia Grossberger Morales did Apple II graphics. Here are some of my favorites:
- Porting a Vector Arcade Game to the Apple II - Steven Hugg - Turns out he ported Asteroids.
- 8bitworkshop: Write 8-bit code in your browser - Steven Hugg showcases this tool used to write / disassemble code in 8 bit plaforms like atari 2600, NES, Atari Vector, Williams, Apple II+ and other old school plaforms.
- A2OSX and the Languages of development - The YouTube talk.
- A2osX Multi-Tasking OS for Apple II - There is a talk about A2OSX updates. “A2osX is an operating, programming and execution environment for the 128K Enhanced Apple //e and Apple //gs series of computers. While layered atop of ProDOS, taking advantage of all ProDOS block devices and MLI calls.”. A2osX Facebook Group.
- Tiny Programs for the Apple II - A talk by Vince ‘deater” Weaver on Apple II Sizecoding
- Computation Structures - There was a talk that mentioned this course which explains in detail how the digital circuits work. You can read about the project here: Hackaday.io: The Spikeputor
- DMAC by Michael Morrison - DMA memory access controller by Michael Morrison. Provide Amiga Custom Chip functionality, Augment built-in hardware
Other interesting reads
- Python behind the scenes #11: how the Python import system works - An article that describes how the
importcommand works in Python.
- Electromagnetism is a property of spacetime itself, study finds - An article that describes the results from this paper: Maxwell’s equations from spacetime geometry and the role of Weyl curvature
- Linux tablets, phones and chromebooks